Monday, December 08, 2008

True Confessions

I think it's just too darn cold to go vote today.

Hard to believe, knowing how much I nag people about the duty to vote, but, crap! it's really cold out there, and the polling place is over 10 minutes walk from my house.

Wimpiness may prevail. Not to mention that my riding is 80% Liberal, so frankly, why bother?

Blame the weather.

On the other hand, in the can-do spriit of Giuseppe Filianoti, I have to admit that I, Nanuk of the North, am in perfect condition, ready to engage myself in a role in which I feel secure, that is to say, voting.

So maybe I'll make the effort.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I'm going to vote...you're going to vote!!!! Trust me!!! I will never let you live it down!!!

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

go vote right now!! you must!
you can reward yourself w/double butter chicken and chalet bbq with extra s'ose--and all the chips that JAW fan has written so lovingly about

march against pauline, by jove!!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Lest anyone cast asperions on my political fortitude, I will state that I am indeed going to go vote despite the frigid weather.
So there.

Does anyone ever do anything other with asperions than cast them? Do we ever hear that word in any other form?

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a carpet?