Monday, December 15, 2008

These shoes are made for throwing

So this Iraqi journalist went a bit nuts and threw his shoes at W, and hit him. Thus raising the question: why doesn't this happen more often?

I bet David Gregory would love to hurl his loafers at the President.

My fave quote is from an Iraqi man-on-the-street: I think what he has done was a brave act and he will be marked in history as the first Iraqi and the first Arab who hit the American President with shoes. (NY Times)

The first Iraqi and the first Arab? Does this mean I've missed all earlier reports of French-, German-, Italian-, or Canadian-launched US-Presidential-shoe-flings? I'm really slipping.

While, on one level, I'd like to see this trend catch on (Oh Stephen Harper, where are yooooou?), I think it'd be wise to stick to pie-throwing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually he missed, both times. Apparently our President has some good reflexes.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

As I read somewhere today, W is good at ducking because Laura's been throwing dishes at him for years.

Anonymous said...

I love that last comment! It was a treat seeing it on the news last night. What fun. Thanks to your blog for the head's up (no pun intended).