Tuesday, December 02, 2008

We are all Italians now

Elections were held 6 weeks ago. If the Gov Gen decides not to endorse the Coalition-of-the-Anyone-But-Conservatives, then the govt will fall and we will have to have another election.

You know what they called a place whose govt falls every other month?

Italy.

Really, do we want to be Italy? (Azzurris notwithstanding.) Do we really want to start following the Italian model of parliamentary democracy? I think not.

I will only support the Italian model of government if they can guarantee us access to superior pasta. No more of the standard brands we get in this country. I want the real, home-made stuff like I devoured in Tuscany.

If we are offered lip-smacking, tasty pasta, then the govt can rise and fall like a thermometer. I won't care. I'll be happy.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

bring on the italians

Anonymous said...

I have got to stop coming here around lunch time! Now I want pasta....

Anonymous said...

I don't care how fresh the pasta is. I can't eat dinner at nine.