Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wham bam Ram a dan

Well, kids, here it is Ramadan again!

This is a time for fasting and abstinence, i.e., that is to say, there is to be no moon-June-spooning with Kumar during this holy month. I say to that: Hiss! Thumbs down. I know that the Koran says it is okay to moon-June-spoon after sundown, but that is on the assumption that you will be m-J-s-ing with your lawfully wedded spouse; not with some infidel hussy. So this infidel hussy is out of the picture until late Sept. Boo!

It might not be a bad thing overall because Kumar is a tad of an impatient guy, and just imagining what he must be like when he hasn’t eaten all day…well. All I can say is: Stay home and enjoy the fast, Oscar the Grouch.

It never occurred to me that at some point in my life, I would be affected by Ramadan. But in an effort to make lemonade with this lemon known as more free time, Ramadan shall become synonymous with (guess what?) decluttering!!.

Yes! I have decided that for me this will be the holy month of decluttering. There is a new show on A&E on Monday nights called Hoarders. It’s like they know what I want to watch. The real-life people on this show have hoarding compulsions, and they need professional help. I can’t turn it off. It’s like watching my dark future. Except I can still see all my floors; they are not covered with clothes and garbage. Really. It is unbelievable the level of filth and crap people can live in. Heck, I can even see a few inches of my coffee table. I’m not like them. Yet. And after Ramadan, maybe I’ll see more of my table surfaces? Maybe I’ll see that chair in my bedroom that has been covered with clothes for 6 months? It’s possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at the bright side, when the month is over, it will be Rama-bama-hot-damn...all night long!

JAW fan