Monday, August 24, 2009

The new "Get out of jail free" card?

Rumour is that Bernie (The Earl Jones of the USA) Madoff has cancer.

Well, it worked for the Lockerbie guy. Might as well give it a whirl, Bern.

Maybe Davey Hilton can say he has cancer too, since it looks like he's going back in the can. Ah, the Hiltons! I remember years and years ago, I worked with a woman who knew them as children and she would always say what nice boys they were. Didn't matter what they were on trial for (public drunkedness, depanneur hold-ups, jailhouse sodomy) they were still such nice boys. The good ole days.

(Aside to BJB: Never wrote that book "Punch Drunk" did you? Just as well. You would have to publish a new, updated edition every 6 months.)

3 comments:

Brian Busby said...

Peggy Atwood once wrote that biographies should only be written about people after they die. Can't say I agree with her often, but I do here.

Shouldn't be too long now, I think.

Anonymous said...

In 1986 Stanley Whyte (Anonymous) threatened to write my biography and entitle it "Not A Bad Looking Midget." Since then I've believed that that sort of book should only be allowed after you're dead.

Anonymous said...

It warms my heart that you remember that. Also - I must point out that title grew out of seeing the Harmonica Rascals on the Wayne Thomas show.

Not that matters- I just thought it would be nice for anyone doing a Google or Bing search to end up here.