Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Celebrity B-Day

The Prez of the USA turns 48 today. hmm. I'm still adjusting to the idea that he is slightly (only slightly!) younger than me. (and Mr. Anonymous, and Ms Mushrooms and Mr Mushrooms)

I wish him the best, in particular that people will stop analysing and/or ridiculing his choice to wear baggy "Mom" jeans. He's middle-aged. It would be silly for the most powerful man in the world to wear tight jeans. You know Sarkozy would do it, but he's an idiot.

At least Obama doesn't have a pot belly. I wish I could say that.

But how can I lose weight when IGA insists on selling Pringles at a 2-for-1 special. That comes to only $1.10 per can. I cannot resist that bargain. Sadly, it means even my "Mom" jeans are getting tight.

Oh, and I decided to buy a case of 12 lime-flavoured Bud Lites. This summer is a dietary write-off.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

48...what an oldie!

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

But they're Lite beer, so it's okay.

And, let me add, a favorite among those of us who fondly remember Twist Shandies.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

They're not lite chips, tho.

Ah, twist shandies were good.

gsdgsd13 said...

Speaking of chips, I've been meaning to tell you about Jalapeno Poppers Doritos, now available down here in Georgia, at least.

They result in the same "strange allure followed by revulsion followed by eating all of them" cycle that real jalapeno poppers do.

cityofmushrooms said...

twist shandies!
ah, lost youth--

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Is it possible that there are in fact TOO MANY types of chips on the market? I can't keep up.

Anonymous said...

I made myself a pseudo-Twist Shandy with some Country Time Lemonade and a Carlsburg. It was... okay. But it wasn't Twist Shandy.

The greatest chip of all time was all dressed flavor from the brand with the Indian boy on it. Only available, in Huntingdon, at the Huntingdon area. A bag of those -- or ketchup flavor -- and a scalding hot chocolate in a styrofoam cup, and you're talking pure pleasure, my friends.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh - Yum Yum chips. They probably still sell them at the arena in Huntingdon.

Do you remember hedgehog flavored chips someone bought your sister when you were still in NDG (not you, webmistress, but the other Mr. Anonymous who made the previous comment)? I found out they were only available in the basement of the Bay in the imported food section, so I bought a bag, but then they disappeared, never to return.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Yum Yum still exist, don't they? I'm sure they do.

Chips and hot chocolate? eeeuugh.

Anonymous said...

I seem to only ever see Yum Yum chips in Dollar stores, but yes I do think they still exist.