Thursday, August 06, 2009

In Chip News: I am defeated by modernity

It’s official. I am old, depassé and dumb. I bought a small bag of some new Doritos. I can’t remember the exact name of them. “Hot” something or “chili” something. They tasted like regular BBQ. I ate a few and then noticed a packet inside.

I took out the packet. It looked like some kind of coupon. So I put it aside. Then I ate the rest of the bag of chips.

Only after I had eaten them, did I look back at the packet. D’OH! It is an extra serving of spiciness. You’re supposed to open the packet and sprinkle it on the chips if you want ‘em extra spicy. They really need to put bigger lettering on the package for old folks like me to clue into this new-fangled spiciness business.

So, now I am left with a packet of spice and no chips to put it on. Maybe I can sprinkle it on my Triscuits? Or maybe on corn on the cob? Tis the season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doritos with an extra bag of spice...how dare I miss that and not be the first to review it! Shame on me!...

I'm not the biggest Doritos fan around, but extra spice...mmmm!...I imagine you sprinkle it in and shake the bag around...tasty and fun! The wang-o-meter is a-twitter just thinking about them.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

it's hard to be old
-would our contemporary, old george clooney, have known what to do w/the flavour pack? would he have needed reading glasses to read the spicey fine print?