Sunday, August 02, 2009

Weekend Roundup

It's raining! Quelle surprise! At least yesterday was beautiful.

My new t.v. is installed and running. It was E-Z. Even for a luddite like me. When my sister saw it (they have a 46") she said: it looks like a baby t.v.! She said this in a cute way. Coochie coochie coo. But compared to the 19" I had before, it seems growed-up to me.


It is not connected to the VCR or DVD player yet, however. For now I'm just enjoying the set. And you know what? The picture is totally acceptable in non-HD. I really don't have a problem with it. Last night we watched American History X which is in black and white, and it looked terrific. Perhaps that is the beauty of black-and-white.

(Aside. Speaking of AHX, how come Edward Norton played such a good tough guy and has spent the rest of his career being wimpy? What a waste.)

In other news, of cats and allergies. My nephew was over and he is allergic to cats. As soon as he sat down, he sneezed. So his mom gave him a sudafed and later he had two beers*. When she asked him this morning how he had slept he said: Not too bad, those Bud Lites did the trick.

I'm not a fan of Bud myself but he had the new ones, lime-flavoured, and I'm going to buy some. Yummy! and I don't even need them for medicinal purposes.


(*Not recommended for Mushrooms Jr for at least 9 years.)

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

(slaps head) why didn't I think of the beer chaser?

Anonymous said...

well my 6 year old loves the stuff! well, okay he loves to put green dye in mommy's bud lime light....to make it especially lime-coloured.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Ah what a lovely childhood memory that will be for him: Refreshing mommy's beer.

I saw that on Mad Men. Actually on Mad Men the kids learnt how to mix their parents cocktails. You have some catching up to do.

cityofmushrooms said...

didn't ALL 60's kids refresh their parents cocktails? (or at least make the beer and smokes-run on their bikes when supplies ran low)