Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Radio days

I was alone in the gym after work so I decided to masochistically (sp?) subject myself to 97.7, the spirit of rock. I was wondering how long it might take until I heard a song from our high school years. Answer: Not long.

First song. Any guesses?

1. Angie
2. Who are you?

I was back in Grade 11. Where's Mr. Gosnell?

Then I was given a break. They played Let It Ride by BTO. Yeh! Still the rockin'est tune ever. Yo, BTO.
Followed by....any guesses?

Frampton Comes Alive.

It really is astounding how this station has not changed its playlist in 30 years. But I ended my time on a high note: Magic Carpet Ride. Whoo hoo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Count yourself lucky they didn't play
Styx's hit "Come Sail Away"
Or Chris de Burgh's "Spanish Train",
Queen's "Radio GaGa"...now that is pain!
And even worse...it must be told,
"We Built This City on Rock & Roll."
Or, personally, the song I really hate,
"Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits.



JAW fan

Anonymous said...

thanks for putting 'we built this city' in my head. curse you.

cityofmushrooms said...

chris de barf