Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Great Moments in Canadiens Hockey Fandom Idiocy

I'm walking home tonight with my bag of groceries, and there's a guy behind me talking on his cell. I live on a quiet street and he's not far behind so he is coming in loud and clear for me.

This is as close to a verbatim as I can manage:

"Ya know, they just have to make it back to Boston and then they'll win the series. My theory is they just have to worry about the next two games. They win those and Boston will be down and out. And then they'll take the series!"

I resisted turning around to get a close-up look at the quintessential deluded Canadiens nut. But as I walked towards my house, I got a look. He appeared normal.

You never can tell.

5 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

what a great harriet-the-spy moment

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I was thrilled when our local team failed to make the playoffs … because that meant I wouldn’t have to hear these types of faith-based hockey predictions.

J

Anonymous said...

Eh bien...c'est la fin
Pour les pauvres Canadiens.
Je ne payerais même pas un sous
Pour être avec ce gang de fous.
La saison est terminé, ok?
Maintenant profiter de ton mois de mai.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

chapeaux (?) off to you fan-de-JAW

Anonymous said...

you should've turned around and made called him on it...then invited him in for drinks and then one thing leads to another until...doh, time for the game and all is forgotten.