Saturday, April 25, 2009

It's Spring, Baby

What a fantastic morning (here in Central Canada, ahem, maybe not all over Canada?). Is this a sign of how great a season we are going to have?

Normally, in my sad little front yard, I see one crocus. Each year, I see one crocus one morning on my way to work, and when I get home from work, the squirrel has eaten it. No more crocus. But this week, on Thursday, I saw that not one, but FOUR, croci were in bloom. I took a moment to observe and absorb them, as I figured the squirrel was sharpening his knife against his fork and adjusting his bib, perhaps setting a candle on the table to decorate his checkered tablecloth. But, surprise, when I got home on Thursday, all four croci were still there.

And this morning. A FIFTH. I now have five bloomin' croci on my lawn. This is a first in 10 years.

Is the squirrel on a diet? Needs to lose his tummy bulge or muffin top? Or just lost his taste for crocus? I'll never know.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

dead squirrel?