Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Pre-Easter Resurrection

Yesterday, I was hanging around the office with an hour to kill, so I visited the Romantic Mailbox Website and searched the environs for possible prospects.

Surprisingly enough, I found 3 or 4 non-Neanderthals who:

a) didn’t have yawn-inducing profiles along the lines of “I love long walks on the beach” and “candlelit dinners”;

b) didn’t say they embraced the polyamorous lifestyle because they could “love” more than one woman at a time (I did read one loser who said this, tho.); and


c) didn't have screen names like HornyJoe or BenDover (stay classy, lads!).

And there was one gem who listed both The Pogues and Fugazi among his favourite bands. Be still my heart.

Does the fact that I am reading these profiles agreeably mean that I am finally ready to do the Kumar Dump? At long last? If House can get rid of his Kumar, maybe I can get rid of mine. (Enter devil on shoulder who says: But he's so cute. Give him another few weeks...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you could "love" more than one man...

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

No No. Not only I am Miss Frugal, I'm also Miss Monogamy.

Anonymous said...

Because you're Miss Monogamy
You'll forsake Sir Fugazi?
I would understand it though,
If his name was HornyJoe.
As for doing the Kumar Dump?
Sounds like a dance, where you shake your rump.
But he'll be back, waving his nozzle
'Course by then you might be post- menopausal.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

That one took a while, but you can see the effort that was applied. Bravo.

cityofmushrooms said...

gd one, jFAN