Sunday, April 26, 2009

Miserable Swine(flu)

Wow, are the media having their collective vapours about swine flu or what? And, frankly, with all the rest of the troubles in the USA right now, does Obama really need to be facing pandemic-related mass lunacy? Just relax, people. Chill.

I'm feeling smug because since the beginning of the year, when I started my New Year's Diet (yes, it's going positively crap, thanks for asking), I don't think I've eaten bacon more than 3 times, so I figure I'm immune from the Porky flu. They haven't "officially" announced it yet, but I'm sure it has something to do with eating too much bacon. Really. Also, I've been with a Muslim, so there's another layer of immunity against all pig-related illness. I'm confident of that.

Wasn't it Samuel L. Jackson who said: I don't dig on swine. Of course, he also "quoted" scripture in a pretty end-of-days-whupass way in that movie. So, maybe it was a sign.

On a positive note, swine has plenty o' rhymin' potential. So it's good to see this panic happenin' in the closing days of NaPoMo.

On the other hand, I'm supposed to work late this Friday evening and possibly Saturday morning as well. If everyone is going to be dead in a month anyway, why should I bother? Pandemics just give me so many things to worry about.

Also never forget. Every time someone is given a dose of Tamiflu, Donald Rumsfeld makes money. Skip the Tamiflu, wear a mask. Don't eaten bacon and find yourself a Muslim for extra protection.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next year I'm back off to Mexico
Will this flu stop me? The answer "no"
'Cause even if the virus crosses my lips,
It'll still be worth it for those spicy chips.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Between you and me
Spicy chips =
immunity.

Anonymous said...

btw it's passed on via human contact and does not have any link to consuming actual animals. That said, even if it did, you wouldn't get it if you cook your food well. Mmmm....crispy bacon! =)

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

What I don't get is over 80 Mexicans have died, but the cases in the US have not even required hospitalization. Makes no sense.

I think Lou Dobbs, Pat Buchanan and the rest of those Mexican-haters are behind this.

I hope Santo is okay.