Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Important NaPoMo announcement

As blogmistress I have decided to extend NaPoMo until May 7.

The reason for this is that Ms Mushrooms (a poet) (a real one) is vying for a "prize" in her province, and as part of the competition, she will be giving a public reading on May 7. This is a real, actual prize, awarded at a "gala" where she has to dress up and wear make-up and eat little bits of shrimp on a cracker. I do not remember the date of the gala, but I may need to further extend NaPoMo. We shall see.

So in support of her efforts to win an actual poetry prize (It has a really serious name, this prize. Something like the Rufus T. Firefly* Memorial Award), I feel it is our duty to keep rhymin' until her public reading on May 7. She needs the inspiration!

Rhyme on! Rhyme on!

*Name has been changed to protect the innocent.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Mushrooms, big congrats!
To you, I do tip my hat.
What thrilling fun that night'll be,
Excitement and fun guaranteed.

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

To Nanuk:

Say what you will, but people know it,
Though not nominated, I'm still a poet.
As long as I'm rhymin', a poet I am,
But...I will not eat green eggs and ham!

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

JAW never fails to impress me - loved the use of green eggs and ham in that last one.

Also am very pleased with Nanuk for following up on the asterix. I hate communiques that have * and nothing at the bottom of the page to follow through and explain what the * was for. Leave me hangin'!

cityofmushrooms said...

JAW fan: you must recall that the doctor's yarn ends with:

"I do SO like green eggs and ham
Thank you THANK YOU Sam-I-am!"