Monday, March 02, 2009

Resolution Rock

Another month gone in 2009, time to check in on the New Year’s Resolutions:

1) Declutter the house. Let’s not speak of this elephant in the room. Well, you can’t actually see the elephant because it’s still covered in clutter. No progress at all on this front. I need a Reality Show to do an intervention on this for me.

2) Packing a lunch. Continued success. I lost track of how many times I brought a lunch in Feb. That is how routine it has become. Frankly, I’m a bit stunned at myself for having kept the habit for two months.

3) Losing weight. Not so good. I only shed a measly half a pound. (Better than gaining, I know, I know.) Today is my doctor’s appt and I dunno how happy he will be with me. I must get back on track in March. It was so easy in January, but February blahs got to my eating habits. And birthday goodies. All added up to a flat line.

On the positive side for me, Kumar gained 2 pounds! HA HA (Nelson laugh.) Last month he weighed only 5 little pounds more than I did, but now he is 7 pounds more than me. (Let us ignore that fact that he is 9 inches taller, shall we?) He was annoyed, but then remembered that he’d been eating a lot of muffins and pancakes. Well, that’ll do it. I really cannot allow him to weigh less than me. That is just too depressing. Keep eatin’ those pancakes, boy.

No comments: