Monday, March 09, 2009

The Book of Kumar

So. Kumar has this thing about being a sperm donor. (Now THAT, folks, is an opening line!) This has come up before in conversation.

I guess as a starving student at some point, he must’ve thought that maybe he could make a few bucks as a sperm donor. I’m sure he’s not the only guy to ever think about this. Anyway. He’s never done it, and this is his reason why. He’s has some crazy, mortal fear that if he had been a donor in his early 20s, then at some point in his 40s he would unknowingly sleep with his own daughter. Yes, I know. Believe me, I know. It’s insane.

I swear that people from that part of the world live only for “Drama”.

I tell him that statistically the chances are pretty darn slim that this could happen. But, says he, they still could!

So, a-ha, says I: here is your solution. Easy. When you are in your 40s, never sleep with a woman who is young enough to be your daughter. Stick with women your own age. Problem solved. No worries, now go donate all the lil sperms you want.

But no, says he, when I will be in my 40s, I’m only going to want to sleep with women in their 20s. Right now, he explains, I am in my 20s and I want to be with an older woman. But when I am 40, the last thing I will want is a 40-year-old woman. No way. At 40, I will want a woman who is 20.

I looked at him, puzzled. Why is that? I asked (apparently foolishly).

He looked at me like I was the biggest numbskull in the world and said. “Because that’s the way it works!!”

Boy, I’m dumb. I did not know that.

So, to any 40-something man out there who is with a woman in his same age group, You’re Doing It Wrong!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...I admire your patience!

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

you're too kind. I say good riddence. Get a nice dog. Lots of unconditional love and likes to go for walks too. the cats will adjust (unless you can get one of them to go for walks with you).

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Apparently, the humour and general goofiness of the exchange in question did not translate well on the "printed" blog page. Trust me, it was funny. He's a good guy, really.

cityofmushrooms said...

the 48 yr old guys don't like the 48 yr old girls?
I'm in trouble, eh?

Anonymous said...

Well I thought it was pretty jokey. Besides 20 year old girls only want successsful old guys! He'd better get cracking...yes I'm kidding, really. I know guys who have given thought to being sperm donors, but never one that thought it out this far.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Oh, he plans on being wildly successful and retiring at age 42. (This is why is needs to go to Dubai, to launch his glorious wealth-accumulating career.) Early retirement will allow him ample time to pursue women young enough to be his daughter. Dream on, pal.