Tuesday, March 03, 2009

In mid-life crisis medical news

Ah, the miracle of modern pharmaceuticals.

Looking over my blood test results, Dr. S. wrote EXCELLENT (in big letters, really) in his notes. My overall cholesterol level was down by half; and my “bad” cholesterol was down by 60%. The meds are thought to cause a 40% drop in naughty cholesterol, so this means my own goody-goody two-shoes behaviour modification accounted for an additional 20% drop.

To quote Bart: I am so great, I am so great.

Dr. S. will see me again in 6 months. If I maintain my angelic lifestyle, he will cut my meds in half at that point. And then after another 6 months, if (oh, and that’s a BIG if) I continue this saintly comportment, he will take me off the meds. I hate being on cholesterol-lowering medication. It feels like such an old person’s thing. How can I continue to deny the (blatantly-occurring) aging process if I stay on this medication? I don't wanna be old. Waaaah!


It would be so much easier to be a man. I could just buy a sports car and everything would be okay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...that explains why I'm so depressed. I don't have a driver's license and cannot buy a sports car. I sit here, going through my mid-life crisis, with nothing more than an OPUS card. How sad!

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I don't even have an OPUS card. I'm even in denial about changes to my bus pass.