Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Paradise" regained

Another long chat with Kumar today. Looks like everything is okay and we are on the same page again.

Which is dull, because any Russian playwright worth his salt will tell you that conflict is the stuff of drama, and harmony is well, bor-ing.

(I realize that Russian playwrights have nothing to do with Milton. I'm enveloped in literary references for some reason. And in two weeks I will get to visit a whole bunch of Hemingway-related places in Havana. Which would be cool if I liked Hemingway, which I don't. Perhaps I'll have a change of heart.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good!!!!

Mind you, no shortage of relationship advice on this blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we practice to conceive.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

conceive!??

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Um. That's definitely not in the game plan.

Anonymous said...

but if he moves to TO, will they make him sign some promise to learn the local culture and language? oops, wrong province.

Anonymous said...

I second the vote for less drama. I used to think drama was exciting...stupid me. This next one I'm sort of seeing has no free time whatsoever but no drama...let's me complain all I want about the situation. Mostly because it's only for a while and I know the reasons behind it. You know, like a grown-up. Oh and this one is younger too. I give up on finding guys my own damn age.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Once you go young, you'll never go...older? That's not terribly catchy, is it? Needs a rhyme.

Anonymous said...

I've tried to go out with men my own damn age. They never seem very interested in me. These last two, younger ones, quite the opposite.

So if there is a mid 40's hottie who is single in San Diego, take a cue, show a little interest will ya? I'm way too old to try reading people's minds, body language or voice inflections.

I'm happy if my shoes match some days.....