Thursday, November 06, 2008

I'm a Do-Gooder

I am now officially an active member of the car-sharing program. Love me, Al Gore. I am being environmentally correct, and saving money too, I hope.

My first rental went okay, but I got stuck in traffic in (where else?) Lasalle (at the stupid overpass) and got the car back to the lot with literally only 2 minutes to spare.

Lesson 1: Always book way more time than I think I need. I'd already thought I'd done that last night, but it still wasn't enough. Stupid Lasalle traffic/construction jam. grr.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

everyone knows it's under construction! You have to go over the dollard bridge/canal! silly girl. Next time if you're leaving from lasalle, go down to St. Patrick and hang a left until you get to Dollard/St. Pierre avenue.
Better traffic hang ups than an your car collapsing with the overpass! Mrs. A.

Anonymous said...

Car sharing is just starting up here and not in my area at the moment, but I'm interested to see how this goes, especially after the latest 'car death on freeway' which happened last Tuesday......even the old bits of wire holding my car together are starting to look dodgy. But as I travel by train to work, I really only need a car on weekends, so car sharing is a good option - and Al will love me too!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Correction to Mrs. Anon.
Everyone IN LASALLE knows it's under construction.

Now I know too.