Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm not going to Cuba

In the Life's Like That department, my favourite aunt died yesterday.

Sis and I had gone to see her in the nursing home just last weekend, and we are so glad now that we made that trip. We didn't know it would be our last. I really thought she'd still be around in December when I got back from Cuba. And that I would get to see her again. But no.

This has been quite the shock. And I decided overnight that I couldn't go to Cuba. Cuba will always be there, but this event needs to be marked. The funeral is next Saturday.

On the practical side, I did have cancellation insurance and it does cover this, so I hope my financial loss is minimal. The personal loss, on the other hand, is immense.

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

really sad news

Anonymous said...

Sympathy to you and the family.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear, glad you n your sis got to see her beforehand. Yeah Cuba will still be there.

Anonymous said...

I know how close you were to her. Very sad. Hang in.
N. =(