Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dylan, last night

Not a bad show. Bob was energetic and rocking, much more than in the past two shows I’ve seen. A lot of good harmonica playing and even a couple of songs sung standing at the mic away from the piano. He’s also developed this quirky finger-like-a-gun pointing thing that he does to the band a lot. They seem to find it funny.

As far as the song selection goes, I was disappointed. None of the faves I was hoping to hear. And, frankly, if I never hear Tweedledee & Tweedledum again, that’s fine with me. Also, Thunder on the Mountain, I just don’t like it much. The set list on the website is wrong. The second song was Lay Lady Lay, another non-fave. Also, Ain’t Talkin’ is another one I’m not that keen on. Really not a good set list for me personally. (On the bright side, I didn’t have to hear Maggie’s Farm.)

This Wheel’s on Fire was an interesting oddity. I liked that. And I thought Memphis Blues Again was terrific. And Watchtower was really good last night.

Ya win some, ya lose some.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like the last show music-wise wasn't so bad after all...except for him having his back to us the entire time! Mrs. A.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Actually, this time I was seated on the other side, pretty low in the reds, and I had my binoculars, so I could watch his face all night, even though he was wearing a really big hat. That was fun.