Friday, April 28, 2006

No Iggy for me


Saw Michael Ignatieff on Radio Canada this morning. On the positive side, his French is nice. Very pleasing to my delicate ear. On the negative side, he didn’t say anything worth hearing. He was vague, and I felt he doesn’t have a clue what is going on in this province. He’s also stiff in a John Kerry kind of way, like he's afraid of saying the wrong thing so he says not much at all. Not the man for me.

Comparing him with Bob Rae, who last week said he didn't care if he won, I have to say I prefer Rae's casualness. He said if the party wants him, that's great, if not, well that isn't the end of the world. How frank is that. I liked it.

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

accent aside, the guy supports bush in iraq
no iggy for me either

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

He told the interviewer this morning he wanted the ouster of Saddam because he supported the Kurds. It was only in support of the Kurds that he backed regime change in Iraq. This was slipped in at the last moment. Of course, the interview ended just when things got interesting.

cityofmushrooms said...

I know I've asked before but I forget the answer
why do they call it RADIO canada if it's TV? what do tghey call the radio station? TELE canada?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Short answer: I dunno.
The radio network is also called Radio Canada, but why they kept the name when they launched the t.v. network, I have no idea.
Maybe back in the 1950s they didn't think this t.v. fad was going to last?