Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hockey musings


Is Ron Maclean losing his hair really fast or is the lighting in the studio unflattering? He’s always been thin on top but the technical people at the CBC aren’t doing him any favours. It’s getting distracting.

Who names their kid Cristobal? Even in France this has to be a sissy name, the kind of name that gets a kid beat up on a regular basis. No?

There is something fundamentally, apocalyptically wrong with the Montreal Canadiens goaltenders coming from France and Switzerland. There really is. I hear a distant whirring sound, and I think it’s Jacques Plante spinning in his grave.

George Strombouloupoulous is a Canadiens fan. This surprises me. He’s just so Toronto in every other way. But he does too often fall into the mookish behaviour I associate with Habs’ fans, so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

Every team has mook fans. I know. I know.

Has William Shatner ever sung the anthem at a game? He should.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

shatner as anthem-singer?
I can so get behind that!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Imagine the emoting!
It gives me shivers.

cityofmushrooms said...

picture...yourself...on...a TRAIN, in a....STATION with pasticine PORTERS....and looking....glass....TILES....oops, wrong anthem