Tuesday, April 25, 2006

He made me do it


I've never written a letter to any politician in my life. But Harper made me do it.

I e-mailed him today to complain about the new policy of allowing no media at the arrival of soldiers coffins from Afghanistan. I was very respectful and polite. But this stinks of Bush-mimicry (not to mention fascism) and I had to say something.

Am I a raging Granny in training?

Is this what Billy Bragg felt like when Margaret Thatcher turned him into a protest singer?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good on you Nanuk - there is no excuse for this sort of censorship - I mean, we all know they've died, so whats the problem?

cityofmushrooms said...

I agree this and telling a writer he couldn't go to his own book launch ("hotter than hell")because he was a gov't employee and the book was about climate change it's all way too bush-like

Anonymous said...

I'm with you here. Plus that stupid "privacy reasons" bullshit. We don't get to see IN the coffins, just the outline with flags, does my government (and now yours) really think we all have some powerful x-ray vision?