Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Me and my nice shorts

This one is for JAW Fan.

Tall Teacher was looking at a picture I have of myself wearing my BEAUTIFUL patterned shorts from way back when. The shorts that JAW Fan loved so much.

I asked TT, what year do you think that is from? He looks and say "Based on the length of the shorts and the pattern, I'd say 1987". "You're very close," I said. He took a second look. "I'll revise and say 1985."

That picture was indeed taken in 1985. Uncanny 1980s fashion knowledge. I'm guessing it's because his oldest sister is the same age as me, so he may have been exposed to such fashion sense at a young age and remains scarred.

12 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

let's hear it for 80's fashion--
(I can't heeeaaarrr you)

Anonymous said...

Those ugly shorts may have been 85 shorts...but, alas, you were still wearing them into the 90s.

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

Those ugly shorts may have been 85 shorts...but, alas, you were still wearing them into the 90s.

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

True, I accidentally posted the above comment twice...but now that I think of the horror of those shorts, it does merit repeating!!!

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

now I really want to see those poor maligned shorts

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Maybe Mrs. Anon has a picture of them that she can scan on her brand new scanner.

Anonymous said...

Trust me, the shorts are kind of like vampires...the horrendous ugliness of it all does not appear in photographs.

Only in real life can you truly experience the eye-blinding terror.

I just hope you when you threw them out, you drove a wooden stake through them first!!! I'd hate to think they'd appear outside my window one night!!!

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

now I MUST see them!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

They were cute. They had drawings of little people on them.

Anonymous said...

Don't get me wrong, I owned some pretty atrocious-looking clothes in the 80s too!!! I'm particularly thinking of the white shirt with the grey faces on it (which I had tossed away before every meeting any of you)...In retrospect, why I wore it I'll never know!

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

you should all have anonymous profiles on FB so that we can see those shorts and exchange clever comments....Mrs. Anon.

cityofmushrooms said...

perhaps the shorts need a FB page