Monday, August 29, 2011

After the storm

I lost power for 6 hours yesterday during the remnants of Irene. The power got knocked off really early around 11. It had barely started raining, but this is the price you pay when you live in the neighbourhood of tall, mature trees. The hydro lines come down with very little wind. Alas.

A whole Sunday without power is a long day. By 4:30 I was hankering for some hot food. So I had an idea, and here is the real tragedy. I called up Chalet, and they had NO delivery service. Shudder. They too had suffered power outages, so no delivery, but there would be take-out service if I wanted to wait. Chicken would be back on-line at 6:30.

Chalet! It saw us through the ice storm with flying colours, but yesterday was not so lucky. Oh well. My power came back on at 5:30 and I had pasta in a hurry in case I was in the dark again. But I wasn't.

Fin de Irene.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

Irene nothin'
it's the friggen fin du monde if chalet ain't servin'
-my condolances, mtl-

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Well, I had Chalet today, Monday, and it was delicious, so life is indeed back to normal.

Harry Flashman said...

Sadie and I went to Chalet Friday night.