Friday, August 19, 2011

The deepening mystery of Blackie, le disparu

There still aren't any lights on at the house of Blackie's real owners. Last night around 10:00, I walked over to case the joint. The lights were all out and the windows closed, but three of their cats were sitting on the front lawn. This means that although the people are away, they have left a back window open for kitties to come and go.

But no Blackie. So either they took him with them or they've got him in a room without access to the open window... Blackie, where are you? I wondered. I looked at the other cats but they just stared back at me. Useless kitties.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

blackie, le hostage

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

What if there is a ransom note in my mailbox tonight?

cityofmushrooms said...

you'll have to pay--in cans of fancy feast