Thursday, August 25, 2011

Good news dept: Fancy Feast has a Job

Alberta, he's all yours.

Yes, he is soon to be gainfully employed. This is great news for me for two reasons: 1) I may start to see some of my "investment" come back to me in upcoming months and 2) I won't come home from work to the surprise of finding an Egyptian pothead anarchist on my front porch. It's all good.

Of course, being FF, he seems to have nearly talked himself out of the job during salary "negotiations". Permit me, through the miracle of "cut and paste" to have him tell his own story. The $25 in question is the hourly wage. Apologies for the quality of this excerpt. I have no idea why it won't paste correctly. grrr.




Okay, I got the job. They offered $25. :/


I started to talk back a bit...


Me:"$25? Really? How did they come up with that number?"


HR Rep: "Uhhh that's their rate....?"


Me: "They had asked me what my salary expectation was, and I told them I wanted $25 - $30, depending on how many of the requirements I met. Are they saying I didn't meet any requirements?"


HR Rep: "Uhmmm...."


Me: "Alright, you know what... it's fine. They offer annual raises, right?"


HR Rep: "Oh yeah, for sure, there will be raises"


Me: "Okay, it's fine then. I'll accept."


HR Rep: "Really? Okay great! I'll let them know!"




You know, I wasn't sure what I was thinking... But it didn't take long for me to realize that I'm arguing about a job offer and not going about it in a way that I'd get more money... So I shut up real quick. LOL -end cut and paste -



You know what's good about this? He realized he was screwing up and shut himself up. This is real progress.





3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

and being an anarchist like butter-lovin-johnny, he's sure to enjoy (or not) the lower sales tax of "the alberta advantage"

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Forget low taxes, what's the quality of the pot in alberta. I'd imagine it's pretty good given the proximity to Beautiful BC.

cityofmushrooms said...

well ya got me stumped there