Sunday, August 07, 2011

Last Night at Place des Arts

It was an exciting night as Mr. Anon and Sister Anon got their thrill meeting Smoothie. He gets nervous meeting new people, and trying to make a good impression, and literally cannot stop talking. What can I say? It cannot be helped.

Within 5 minutes of meeting Sis Anon, Smoothie was pointing at the front of his pants and saying "Hey look at this". I was struck dumb, not knowing where this was heading. But it was just his proud display of his weight loss and adjusted belt notches. (!!!!) What a nut.

He later said, twice, that Sis Anon is "so cute" and seems likes "a very liberal woman". Take that as you may. (?!?!)

Anyway, I thought things were going okay with just Mr and Sis Anon but when the other fellow showed up, and Smoothie attempted to display his movie trivia knowledge, I knew this was a potential social disaster in the making, but he just would not shut up. Like many people his age, he thinks he knows a lot about movies, when frankly, he knows alot about movies in the past 20 years, and very little about anything else. So berating him in the theatre, I said this guy knows more than you ever will and you shouldn't really be challenging him. Then he said: "that guy's gay, right?" I said I was not aware of his status, but I believed it was "confused".

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

"confused" will suffice.

Since Smoothie is well-versed in movies of the last 20 years, did you mention which film he might recognize Other Fellow from?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I told him afterward, and he was duly impressed. He had one question about Kate Winslet "Did he see her boobs?" sigh.

cityofmushrooms said...

some people have all the fun--

Sadie said...

I was SO jealous the anons got to meet smoothie!!!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Really, Sadie? I thought you were only a fan of Fancy Feast.

Anonymous said...

so will he be contacting the loose sister anon shortly for a date?

Harry Flashman said...

Smoothie is a riot! I like him. But only as a friend...

Harry Flashman said...

P.S. Does his father have a girlfriend?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

His father has a wife, Mrs. Smoothie's Mother.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Oh, and I've seen pictures of his father. One word: Rasputin. I'm not joking.

cityofmushrooms said...

lover of the russian queen:
nothing to sneeze at

Sadie said...

I'm a fan of all the characters in your blog!!! I think you should have a party I can crash to meet them all.