Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Le Disparu

Blackie is AWOL. He was nowhere to be seen last night or this morning.

I had a sleepless night.

The most obvious explanation is that his real owners have taken him home. I suspect this may be the case because normally they keep all their windows open so their 5 or 6 kitties can come and go as they please, but this morning all the windows were shut. And there were no cats on their lawn.

Then again, maybe this is to keep the cops away. I don't know.

I has a sad for my disappeared Blackster. I hope nothing bad has happened to him.

7 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

oh-oh

Harry Flashman said...

Would his real owners take him away without saying good bye to you?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

They might. I don't know them that well. They are strange people.

Harry Flashman said...

Then oh-oh.

Anonymous said...

why are all of your neighbours strange?

cityofmushrooms said...

aren't everybody's neighbours strange??

the kitchen window in our little 1950's post war house faces the bathroom of the house next door, and last week miss mushrooms and I were treated to the very loud shower-singing of our newish neighbour from saskatchewan. He was belting out: "IT'S T-SHIRT TIME! T-SHIRT TIME! IT'S T-SHIRT TIME AGAIN!!" what could it mean? is it a saskatchewan thing? or just a weird neighbour thing?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I vote "weird neighbour thing".