Friday, July 18, 2008

Update II

I can't see a first encounter* going much better than last night. He was the same as his on-line persona: genuine, unpretentious and very polite. Which scores points with me because I hear so much about how people on-line are lying about everything, but he doesn't appear to have lied about anything.

We spent most of our time discussing the website we met on. He's far more familiar with it than I am, so I learned a few tricks. He talked a lot of computer talk; I stared blankly. He admitted he's never read another's man profile, and I said I've never read another woman's. So he was a bit surprised at some of the dumb-ass things men write on their profiles. His is not like that.

I'd see him again. I plan to up his access to me on the site. Oooh, computer lingo.

*better than "meeting", but not a "date".

5 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

an ENCOUNTER is waaaay better than a meeting

Anonymous said...

A Close Encounter (of the Third Kind) is even better!!!!

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

you said it

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Close Enounter of the Nerd Kind.

cityofmushrooms said...

that could work