Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Harmonious?

Courtesy of susieq, I have some inside info on the eHarmony matching process. It's a bit weird to me. But from my reading of some profiles she kindly provided, it seems like the "applicant" checks off a series of statements in the questionnaire, and then the powers-that-harmonize stick all the checked-off answers together to create your profile.

Example: Both of susieq's first two dream dates started their profile with the same phrase "I think it is important to continually try to improve myself". Poor sue, how is she going to pick from all these gems?

See this is why I was rejected. I don't want to improve myself, and I don't want an improving man either. Isn't everybody looking for the guy living in his mother's basement, wearing his ratty sweatpants and typing with cheesie-stained fingers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and don't forget the Sex Aerobics t-shirt.

JAW fan

Sorry folks, this reference is reserved for a limited audience.

Anonymous said...

LOL!
N

Anonymous said...

I wish to add I only joined this dating website for research purposes!!!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I greatly appreciate your willingness to take one for the team. (You use that expression down under?)