Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy Canada Day!

It's Canada Day, or as it is known in this igloo: Time to Paint the Front Porch Day.

Yesterday, the weather station threw me a curveball and announced it would NOT rain today, so I sped (well, sort of) off to Reno to buy wood stain for the front porch. Is it a sign of lengthy, too lengthy home ownership to be disoriented and lost when Reno no longer carries one's "brand" of wood stain. I was upset. I wanted my brand. No dice.

So I bought CIL instead. Seems okay. But it is oil-based. Strongly oil based. I wondered if some desperate person could come along and siphon the oil off my porch? It is so oil-based that if I was opening the can and using this stuff indoors I would be higher than Harold and Kumar by now. I'd even find their jokes funny probably.

Anyway, first coat is done. Second coat will be applied on the weekend. The exciting joys of summer. Still beats shovelling 20 cm of snow off the darn porch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...second coat this weekend??? But don't you have like five movies to see???

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

Yes it is. It's even more of a sign of long-term ownership when you've been cheated out of a favorite brand before, so you tend to stock up to save yourself the angst of losing a favorite brand when you really need it.

cityofmushrooms said...

canada day equals gardening day
(vielle dame or what)

Anonymous said...

tried the CIL stuff and liked it to a point. then last year I took the leap and bought a can of something darker at Cdn Tire. It's even better. Don't know what we'll do with the new deck...hey new deck...a good excuse to get together for a few cosmos, no? To celebrate the NYC or Mtl job (for Mr. A) or drown our sorrows, whatever the outcome...