Wednesday, July 09, 2008

In FanTasia news

I have to give credit where credit is due. The FanTasia people have upped the level of service to impressive heights at long last. I got to the theatre at 7:35 last night for an 8:00 screening, and everyone had already been let in to the sweet air-conditioning of the Hall building. It was delightful.

And I love the dj thing. Again last night, I don't know what the music was, but it was excellent.

Maybe that's why they are on-time this year and letting us in early. They paid this dj and, darn it, they're going to use him/her. I like it.

Mad Detective was a real Johnnie To movie. Cops, robbers, killers, good guys and bad guys all mixed up. Now THAT's a Johnnie To movie! Not like The Sparrow which disappointed me. We don't need To to create fluff and pretend he's Wong Kar Wai. We need him to stage the shoot-em-ups and Mexican stand-offs. Oh, and the "mad" detective? Yep, he was mad as a hatter. I love Lau Ching-Wan.

No comments: