Tuesday, July 22, 2008

In Real Mailbox News

Passive aggressiveness is its own reward!

Our usual mailman (oh, all right, letter carrier) must be on vacation because I have been getting other people's mail for a few days now.

Today I got some investment statements for the woman across the street. I just dropped them in her mailbox now.

Last Friday, I received a couple of similar looking envelopes for my hated Crazy Polish Neighbhour. They are still sitting on my shelf. When am I going to deal with them? Gosh, I don't know. They may sit there for a long time. I may eventually forget about them.

I think six weeks would be a nice delay. Six. One week for every foot of snow he dumped on my lawn last winter. (If I had a waxed mustache, I'd be twirling it now.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, can you set your lawn mower to blow grass over on his side of the fence?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I do that. I specifically blow as much of it onto his driveway as possible and I don't sweep it up. Only about 2 passes of the mower can fly as far as his drive, but it's a small satisfaction I get once a week. He knows I'm doing it too. The grass just sits there.