Monday, July 14, 2008

Some Women!

I know I usually complain about male behaviour, but sometimes….

I have learned that a very, very good friend is saying that the exam I passed for the London job wasn’t as challenging as all that because it did not contain the language requirements (i.e. bilingual or trilingual requirements) that a New York HQ job would require.

This is bullshit. And I’m mad as hell at her about this.

She applied to write the exam for a New York HQ job and was rejected, not because of language but because she never finished university, and a U degree is a requirement for qualification. She insists she was randomly rejected. She won’t admit that she was justifiably rejected because she didn’t have the degree.

So now she is deriving some kind of satisfaction from saying that I wrote an easier exam. I am so pissed off at her right now!

I am very much looking forward to receiving notification from New York that I will be accepted to write their exam because I have all the requisite qualifications. Including U degree and bilingualism! So there!

And the day I get that acceptance notification…..I’m going to rub her nose in it.

It’s freakin’ High School all over again. Girl fight! Cat fight!

5 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

is this a pam grier moment? are you about to pull a gun out of your afro? are you about to don your gold lame bikini and silver platforms and kick her butt? or am on the late nite 70's channel?

Anonymous said...

That must be some 'fro to hide a gun in it...

It's my opinion that some women are competitive about everything because they're really insecure. Oh and some are just bitches....

Anonymous said...

Why bother with her? She's just jealous.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

She's a really good person and a close friend. It's just that she wears her insecurities on her sleeve and she doesn't have the social filters that the rest of us seem to have. She has many, many good qualities, but this problem comes up pretty regularly.

Anonymous said...

my advice - keep your hair short! Meow!

Some people have to put others down to bring themselves up you know...what bull. You should just not react and say "I feel sorry for you if you feel like that...it's obvious I'm smarter and better looking...get over yourself". Ms. A.