Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Cheesie Moment

Yesterday I went to the depanneur to buy a Gazette. While there, I had a hankering for a snack, so I picked up a single serving bag of Cheetos for $1.29. I then took my place in the queue. There was a 50-something Jamaican woman ahead of me. She turned around, looked at my bag and said:

JW: What you doin' wit that small bag, girrrrl?
(I looked at her confused.)
JW: They so expennnnsiiive. Get de big bag, it's the same priiiice.
Me: But if I buy the big bag, I'm going to eat the big bag.
JW: (pause) Oh, you so riiiiiiight.

She leaves.

Fin

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

paying more to eat less?

Anonymous said...

so don't leave us hanging...did you get the big bag? =)))

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

No, mon. I kept de small one, and enjoyed every cheeto. I realize this runs counter to my reputation as Miss Frugal, but Miss Frugal doesn't want to be Miss Lard Butt if she should become London Girl.