Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Big Math Brains

I got a message from the anti eharmony (AEH) people last night saying: we’ve changed our parameters for matches. Please try it and let us know what you think about your improved matches.

This confirmed what I have suspected about the people who run this site. They have only one thing on their minds: mathematical modelling.

Their goal is to get users to answer as many multiple choice questions and complete as many personality quizzes as humanly possible to give them loads of data that they can run their algorithms on. They get off on math big time.

I’ll be these guys’ fantasies are about performing two equations at once.

I have nothing against math people. I wish I understood math. But I never have. I blame Mr. Tsao. He just taught too fast; I couldn’t keep up.

I shall carry on with my internet quest. But due to the unexpected sudden return of the elusive unattainable Scotsman to the office today, suddenly everyone else looks like chopped liver.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

performing 2 equations at once, you say?

Anonymous said...

oh, Scottish man - back from his illness? All recovered?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Yep, better than ever :)