Friday, September 16, 2011

In Work News

In a moment of insanity a couple of weeks back, I agreed to take on the editing of our Annual Report. My burnt-out colleague, who has been doing this task for 15, count'em 15, years, said she just could not face it for another year. I always felt it was wrong that the same person got assigned this "thing" year after year, so I said yeh, why not? I'll do it.

Of course, my boss, Mrs. Never Think Outside The Box, said, okay, great idea. But did it EVER occur to her in 12 years to assign the task to someone else? No, of course not.

It's going to be awful. A coordination nightmare of missed deadlines and uncooperative departments. But there ya go. It's my baby now. Just had our first meeting. Next meeting is on Monday.

I should post a picture of my hair today, while it still has some brown in it. And then post another next July when I am totally Clooney grey.

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

you workaholic! (heh)
aside: ah...clooooney

Susieq said...

Whatever part of the world you are in, compiling the annual report seems to be a nightmare. I hope you survive!