Monday, September 12, 2011

I have seen the future, baby, it is....taxes

I'm just bursting with predictions today.

As we all know (or should know) the world economy is in the "shitter", to use the economic term. I note this news from Greece: "Greece announced an emergency property tax of about 50 cents per square foot on all buildings, payable immediately, in a effort to top up government coffers enough to meet bailout conditions."

Payable immediately! Government says we're broke, so pay up now. They will be imposing the tax through people's electric bills. Face it, we are all going to be met with this kind of surprise in upcoming years. Every goverment is going broke. And who is going to pay? Little ole us.

When I get that bill, you know what I'm going to say? "Don't look at me! Don't look at me!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

I had a long comment that didn't get posted...Screw it! I ain't re-writing it.

That's the second time this has happened to me in the last week!

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

now I'm all curious about that long rant, er COMMENT--