Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Black Arm-Bands for Everyone

I will simply reproduce this article from TMZ because what more can I say?

The SNACK GOD who invented DORITOS has passed away ... but TMZ has learned his funeral is nacho average ceremony ... 'cause the guy will be buried with 3 FLAVORS of his prized invention. Arch West -- the 97-year-old ex-Frito-Lay legend -- died last week, and his daughter announced the family plans on "tossing Doritos chips in before they put the dirt over the urn" when he is buried.TMZ spoke with West's son-in-law ... who tells us the family will use Original, Cool Ranch and Nacho flavored Doritos, since those were West's favorite. He was NOT a fan of the Cheeseburger flavor, so those will not be used. According to his daughter, West came up with the idea for Doritos during a family vacation to San Diego ... when he discovered a snack shack selling fried tortilla chips in 1961. Snack strong in heaven, Arch.

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

let us bow our heads
--and eat

Anonymous said...

I hope his urn is bright orange and triangle shaped...and stains the fingers of all those who touch it. It just seems fitting!

Speaking of Doritos, I tried the Intense Dill this weekend...not very dilly...a dud in my book. I'm sure Arch would have agreed with me on that one.

JAW fan