Monday, September 19, 2011

The Earth Moved

I was lying on the couch with Miss Hitler yesterday afternoon, and I felt that unmistakeable rumble of an earthquake. Just for one or two seconds. But that sound and feeling is unique.

I looked at the headlines in the paper today and nothing. But I just checked the CBC website and read that a small 4.1 hit Gatineau at 3:19 p.m.

The article did not mention that it was felt in Montreal, but I am here to say, yes, it was felt in Montreal, at least on one couch in NDG. It wasn't just Miss Hitler shifting her fat rump.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

and by gatineau, do they mean gatineau, hull or AYLMER??? I'm still mad about amalgamation)

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

You are an Aylmer purist.

cityofmushrooms said...

right on, man