Thursday, September 30, 2010

RIP Stoney Curtis

The first time I saw Tony Curtis was not in a movie, but in a t.v. show called The Persuaders. Does anyone remember this show besides me? I loved it. I was 10 at the time.

Reading his obit this morning, I realized how many of his movies I'd seen. Didn't remember that I was that big a fan. My favourite quote is from a movie I didn't even see. Don't know the title but the quote is "Yonder lies da castle of my fadder".

I've decided to take a sick day in his honour. Actually I decided last night to take today off sick, but only now have I found it appropriate to take it in Tony's honour.

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

some like it hot! houdini! spartacus!! adieu, tony

Susieq said...

OH yes, I remember the Persuaders - it was compulsory viewing in our house, although when I saw an ep years later, I thought it was pretty corny. Good theme music though.