Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Weird Night

Last night I went to the Dollar Cinema which is wrongly named since the cost of admission is $2.26, but it was part of group thing and in fact was free for me, so who am I to complain.

The movie was quite good. Michael Douglas in A Solitary Man playing a mega-a**hole. Not a stretch. The weirdness was after the movie.

I was with BGTSmoothie, and he went to the bathroom. This is in a mall. So while waiting for him, I checked out the window in this Spa place. They had a lot of before-and-after photos of treatment, such as spotted liver-spot hands before/cleared-up hands after, etc. One of the photos was of a very pale older woman's face with a lot of brown spots before and clear skin after. There's nobody else in the hall of this part of the mall as I am waiting. Then this woman comes walking up to me. She has a Scandinavian/Dutch type accent. She says: "Look at this. I show you something." And she points at the pictures of the pale older woman. "She is dead! They use a dead woman! Why? Why? She is dead!" and she walks away.

Ten seconds after this Twin Peaks moment, BGTSmoothie emerges and I say lookit this picture. Now (as Ms Mushrooms may confirm) BGTSmoothie is a blabbermouth who will debate any subject with anybody. But was he there when I needed him? I wanted to see a face-off between him and crazy Swedish/Dutch lady. But no. What a moment lost.

So we start to leave and we pass by a bar that is pretty empty. But there are a couple of people waiting. It is clear they are friends of a waitress who is closing up. We stop because BGTSmoothie wants to buy raisin glossettes out of one of those 25-cent machines. (Aside: He eats a lot. A Lot. No wonder he is fat.)

He is getting his glossettes and I am waiting. And the waitress turns around and yells, YELLS, to her friend, "when you called, I was wiping my ass". The friend looks at me horrified, but I start to laugh, cover my mouth and walk away. BGTSmoothie joins me. The friend says to the waitress "those people heard you".

As we leave. BGTSmoothie says "This place is so sketchy". We walk ten paces... "Hey, there's a Pizza Hut!"

Fin

5 comments:

Susieq said...

That whole blog could be an episode of Twin Peaks!
(raisin glossettes? clearly a culinary treat thats not made its way downunder.....)

Anonymous said...

why am I imagining the guy from the comic store in Simpsons? Don't sell yourself short (no pun intended). Mother A.

cityofmushrooms said...

how much more weird could this be?
none. none more weird.
(as nigel tuffnel might have said)

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Mother A,
He is a lot like comic book store guy, with a smattering of your husband's friend, the late John L.

Never a dull moment with BGTSmoothie.

Anonymous said...

Whenever two or three of us are gathered in John L.'s name, he is among us, repeating the entire plot of John Carter: Warlord of Mars: Book 28.