Sunday, August 22, 2010

Smoothie Love

So much for keeping BGTSmoothie at arm's length for a week. We had pizza last night, he paid. He always insists on paying. He seems to get some kind of allowance from his mother, so what the heck, I'll dine on Mama Smoothie's dime.

I also got a nice little gift. Earlier we had been discussing artisanal stuff, like handmade soap, etc., and I said I would never pay $50 for a bar of soap. That is insanity. So he shows up with an expensive bar of Portuguese soap for me. I looked up the company on the interet, its sells on line for about 10 Euros. About $20? Anyway. It's nice. I'm assuming it doesn't mean I smell bad. And he didn't pay retail for it. His family never pays retail for anything.

Being of Israeli descent (ahem) he talks alot about what things cost and how expensive everything is. He complained about the price of the pizza, even though I had originally told him I would pay, but no, he insisted...and then said $16 for that pizza was ridiculous. Well, I liked it. So there.

Anyway, we discussed this whole never-pay-retail thing, and if he talks about it he's being colourfully stereotypical, but if I say he's being cheap, I'm an anti-Semite. It's like being with Larry David Jr. Also, he claims to be an atheist (he's reading Hitchens at the moment) but won't mix meat and cheese, which I assume is a Jewish thing, so what is that? Makes no sense.

On Tuesday he has invited me to see Pirhana 3D. Normally I'd laugh at the suggestion of seeing a gorey, bloody, silly horror movie, but of couse, he's paying, so I said yes. He's in love!

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

3D killer-pirhana movies?!
--he's a keep-a!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Alec is back in the picture...yay!

Oh, and I saw Piranha 3D this past Friday. Couldn't resist. When was the last time I went to a movie on opening night???

JAW fan