Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Divine Miss B

I've finally watched this week's Mad Men.

Two words: Miss Blankenship. Wow, she is so my kind of character. (And she's JAW Fan's kind of character, though he has not seen her.) Oh, she's everybody kind of character.

I'm praying they keep her on for a few episodes, but I think she will be too much of a comic distraction, so they probably won't.

And what can I say about Megan, the receptionist. She's amazing. She is definitely the kind of girl you'd make a detour just to get a glimpse of. Vive Megan and her French mother who doesn't use soap.

On the serious side: It was good to see somebody just flat out call Don Draper a drunk. I was cheering for Allison through this whole episode.

One other thing: at the beginning when the unattractive secretary puts herself in the same category as Joan saying "we're old and married, they don't want us", the look on Joan's face was perfection. She should win an Emmy just for that icy gaze alone. Awesome.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

loved peggy

and ps on miss blankenship: could she be a proto-mrs-hildenkraft? ask the J-fan