Monday, June 14, 2010

White Teeth

Here's a poll question for all you oldsters, i.e. people my age and thereabouts. Do you or have you ever used anything to whiten your teeth?

On the weekend I called up Fancy Feast. I knew he was home, but he didn't pick up the phone. He calls back 10 minutes later and said he couldn't answer because he had his white strips on and if he had answered he would've sounded like "nyahh nyahh nyahh" and I would've gotten upset with him for acting the fool. (He knows me!)

My sis, the dental hygenist, has told me that strips do work and they are safe. She isn't against them. But I've been too cheap and lazy to try them. Regular flossing is already a trial. I can't imagine taking on another tooth task.

Fancy Feast is not a trendy guy, but I have noticed that he has really good teeth. I'm beginning to suspect he is some kind of stealth groomer. So, is this the secret? And is it now just a standard part of taking care of oneself for 20-somethings? Does everyone in that generation use white strips? Something else to fret about? My teeth aren't white enough!!

Am I the only person still walking around with unstripped teeth?

5 comments:

LLJ said...

Stealth groomer ha! I whiten a couple of time a year. It does make a difference. They make the strips now that are supposed to stick betetr so you can talk and stuff without them wandering. But I have some of the old ones left and I'm using those up first.

cityofmushrooms said...

so it's brit-teeth or "stealth grooming"? heh heh

Anonymous said...

Liquid Paper works fine for me.

JAW fan

Brian Busby said...

Liquid Paper works well. Sandpaper in a pinch.

Susieq said...

Like you Nanuk, I struggle even with flossing, despite the pleas of my dentist. As for anything else, apart from cleaning and regular checkups, forget it. If someone doesn't like me because of my teeth, then too bad. (I should add here they are not that bad......)