Sunday, July 19, 2009

Old Celeb Dies

Walter Cronkite was 92. He was old. When you've lost Cronkite, you've lost Middle America. I guess that particular sentiment doesn't really apply here, but it was a good line.

Does this round off any group of three celeb deaths? Or has it been long enough that he is the first in the next group of three?

I hereby declare Cronkite to be No. 1 on the latest list.

Who shall fill the No 2 and 3 positions? Any ideas? Who is looking sickly lately? Frank McCourt is on the verge. I guess he will be No. 2, unless somebody sneaks in ahead of him. That would be a newscaster, an author, and.... We need an actor, singer or politician to round out the group.

P.S. Holy mackerel. it's 3 hours later, and I just read that Frank McCourt is dead. I swear I didn't think he's was going to jump into the No. 2 spot that fast. RIP Mr. McCourt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope you're happy, Ms. Nanuk of the North. If something happens to Patrick Swayze, I'm calling the cops.

Susieq said...

I did see where some actress is in hospital - the one that was in La Dolce Vita - so memorable, I can't remember her name!!!!

A less than flattering obit for Cronkite in the UK paper the Guardian - you can read it online.

Anonymous said...

What if Jo Ann Worley dies???

Am I then supposed to change my signature name?

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I forgot about Patrick Swayze. He could indeed round out this trio. (I swear I had nothing to do with Frank McCourt's death! I'm innocent!)