Thursday, July 30, 2009

All's well

I picked up my new t.v. at the friggin' post office last night. How weird to step up to the counter to collect a package and have it be a 50-lb box. Oh well. I got the darn thing home. And all this without getting wet. The rain started 30 minutes after my box-lugging ordeal.

Did I mention how humid it was last night. Not fun.

Now to get the darn thing installed. Fortunately my nephew will be around this weekend. Should I have trouble with the new t.v. I figure a kid his age can hook it up no problemo. But I hope not to need his assistance. On verra.

I also got my new camera. I have finally entered the digital world. yippee. So be prepared to see a number of action photos of fat cats. "Action" being lying in the grass. I need to practice my artistic "skills".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A) Mr. A says you're 8 years behind the times. We have pix of bambino Anon from years ago. Poor Pil missed out! Of course you can work on scanning those (do you know what a scanner is?) Cut to Nanuk scanning her butt and sending it to the Anons.

B) You're such a technophobe - to connect the t.v. just plug it in! Do you have the cable box yet? If so, the cables are even colour coded. if all else fails, Mrs. A can help you.

C) get an air conditioner - they're cheap this summer! AND don't get it delivered by CP. We can help you with that too (oh, and you know...other stores DO deliver!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I don't have a cable box. Just wires. Where do these mysterious wires go. Just wait for the fun when I finally (soon) get HD. Then there will be a box to deal with and I'll have a meltdown.

I won't ever deny being a technophobe. Yes indeed I am. Guilty.

I don't need no air conditioner. What am I? A wimp. HA! says I.

Anonymous said...

okay so you need to get a cable from V or satellite from B. Either way, they will charge you for their "box"...yay more money! Without this you probably won't get much since all stations have now gone digital I think? Anyway if you get a box either company, tehy'll set it all up for you. Save yourself the agony. You'll love it though once it's all up and running! Now do you get a PVR or stick with your stinking VCR?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

my brain hurts.

Susieq said...

A few years back I bought a DVD player - my friend's son, about 10 years old at the time, installed it and had the whole thing running through the stereo for extra good sound while we sat round drinking coffee and trying to work out what the heck he was doing...

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Now I have to quote Groucho. "A child of three could understand this, go get me a child of three. I can't make heads or tails of it."