Wednesday, July 22, 2009

O Brother Where Are Thou?

There’s not much in the news these days, i.e. no charlatan financial adviser has absconded with MY money, so I’ll share a couple of Kumar stories to pass the time.

(If you wondering where the Mushroomses have disappeared to, they are at a scenic lake in Saskatchewan for 2 “relaxing” weeks. Until they started going there, I didn’t realize Saskatchewan even had any scenic lakes. So much I don’t know about this Great Land of Ours.)

So, Kumar and I were discussing nuclear arsenals (not a euphemism). He was concerned about the eventual, inevitable deterioration of the facilities which store nuclear weapons around the world. This led to a discussion of mankind’s generally violent nature. I said that we can’t do anything about it. Since the first time a caveman hit another caveman over the head with a rock, humans have been violent. He stopped me right there and said: No, not cavemen. The first violent act by a human was Cain against Abel. Yes, of course it was. Those two brothers, they just slipped my mind.

In other news, he told me that recently he was shocked, shocked to learn that his younger brother has been hiding a “secret” girlfriend. She is an Anglophone (translation: white Canadian infidel). Kumar had NO IDEA his brother was seeing someone. (Does this run in the family, or what, I thought.) I love a family with secrets. Anyway, this has become an issue because Kid Brother is seriously thinking about marrying his infidelette, and he needs Big Brother’s support against The Parents, who apparently will be unhappy when they find out about this utter madness. (I'm picturing a lot of breast-beating and garment-rending.) So Kumar has offered KB his complete support to do what he wants with his life and marry who he wants. Film at 11.

1 comment:

LLJ said...

Well support is nice. Quite a little soap opera family there. Wonder if there are secret children who will arrive fully grown in a few years time?